Okay, folks. If you’re not going to Conclave, you can skip this one. If you are, here’s the sum total of all the information I have.
Transportation — If you have a ride to Conclave, you should know where to be and when to be there. If you need a ride, here’s a breakdown of who’s leaving and where they’re leaving from:
- Mr. Greg Crenshaw is driving a van from Florence, leaving at around 9am.
- Mr. Tom McInnis is driving a van from Decatur, departure time 9am. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to meet up with this group.
- Mr. Jim Colson is driving a van from Huntsville, departure time 8:00AM from the Huntsville Scout Service Center.
Mr. Dan Strunk is driving a van (and possibly leading another) from Birmingham, departure time 12 noon.Correction: Mr. Dan Strunk is leading a group of two cars, leaving the Birmingham Service Center at 4:15pm.
If you’d like to connect with any of these groups, contact the contingent leader, Mr. Greg Crenshaw, either by email (email@example.com) or telephone (256-349-0552). Please don’t just show up unexpectedly and assume that there will be room in the van for you.
Tents — We don’t know for sure if there will be any tents or other lodging setup in the campsite, but we do know that were won’t be nearly enough tents to hold all 100 or so of us who will be there, so bring a tent and be prepared to sleep in it.
- Dinner will be served in the Dining Hall on Friday, from approximately 5:00 until approximately 9:00. If you’re arriving outside of that window (or near its boundaries), plan accordingly.
- This is a “Class A” uniform event, so bring your uniform and sash. Plan to wear them. Plan to travel in them. Your lodge officers will tell you when it’s okay to dress down from a “Class A” uniform to a “Class B” uniform.
- If you need a letter from school for an excused absence, here is a letter from SR-9 Associate Section Adviser Mr. Greg Moore (.pdf).
- This year’s Conclave is being held at Camp Thunder, near Molena, GA. The mailing address is 518 Thundering Springs Road, Molena, GA. Click here to get driving directions and other info from Google Maps.
Right now, that is all the info I have. If you have any problems or questions or concerns, please contact Mr. Crenshaw or leave a comment here and I’ll do my best to get it forwarded to the right person.