Spring Pow-Wow postponed to March 27-29 due to weather.

by Chris Brightwell on March 5, 2015


After consulting with the local DeKalb County Emergency Management Agency, Coosa Lodge leadership has decided to postpone this weekend’s Coosa Lodge Spring Pow-Wow until March 27-29, 2015.

The safety of our Scouts and staff are the most important factor in this decision. Even though the temperatures would be acceptable later in the weekend, the staff would not be able to arrive in time to prepare for a quality event. Camp Comer has a history of retaining icy roads for a number of days following a winter weather event.

We hope that all of you can join us March 27-29 for a much warmer and fun filled event.

In the event that your unit cannot make it, or you have some that can’t, please send us a note to powwow@coosa50.org so we can begin the refund process.

Thanks for your understanding. Stay safe and warm with your families this weekend.

Previous post:

Next post: