Coosa50.org is the official website of Coosa Lodge. It is managed by the Lodge Executive Committee, Lodge Adviser, and Lodge Staff Adviser. It is not the official website for the Order of the Arrow, the Greater Alabama Council, or the Boy Scouts of America.
The Vice-Chief of Communications is ultimately responsible for the timelines and accuracy for all content on this website. He works with the Lodge Webmaster and Lodge Website Adviser to ensure that this website helps the Lodge fulfill its purpose and mission.
In addition to Official Order of the Arrow Website Guidelines, this website strives to adhere to the following policies:
- We will do our best to safeguard all private information, including email addresses and any other personal information that may be collected in conjunction with the use of this website. We hate spam and junk mail just as much as you do.
- We will do our best to ensure that no link from this site will connect our users to other sites containing materials inappropriate for Scouting or its participants. At the same time, we do not accept responsibility for potentially offensive content on other sites.
- We will do our best to protect sensitive and safeguarded materials (ceremony details, email distribution lits, etc.) with strong passwords and will only grant access to those users who are deemed trustworthy.
- Email addresses provided on this site are forwarding aliases, rather than actual mailboxes. This allows us to disable any address used by the domain if necessary.
- We will do our best to adhere fully to applicable standards for web content and layout (XHTML, CSS), as well as standards for online content accessibility (Section 508, W3C WCAG). This helps ensure that all of our members should be equally able to access the information throughout this website.