Nunne Hi Chapter/Vulcan District
What is the Purpose of the Nunne Hi Chapter?
For 17 years, the Nunne Hi Chapter has been recognizing Scouts and Scouters who best exemplify the Scout Oath and Law in their daily lives. This recognition encourages others to live by these ideals as well. The Chapter is known for its promotion of camping, responsible outdoor adventure, and promotion of environmental awareness, and service in the community.
Today, Nunne Hi’s ability to develop the leadership qualities of its members is as well-known as its long-term commitment to provide cheerful service to the Vulcan District of the Greater Alabama Council, its camps, and community. The Chapter also hosts quality programs such as our annual Pow Wow events, Fall Fellowhips, Ordeal weekends (induction events), and other exciting functions and programs.
Our Chapter Goals
- Contact every scout unit in the district and arrange to conduct a unit Oder of the Arrow (OA) election.
- Coordinate one or more Induction Ceremonies for new candidates elected into the OA.
- Help new members obtain Brotherhood.
- Grow chapter membership.
- Encourage chapter officers and committee chairmen to be properly trained by attending an annual lodge training event.
- Provide quality programs at chapter meetings and activities.
- Participate in community, unit, district, chapter, and lodge service projects.
- Communicate and promote using the OA troop/team representatives and social media outlets.
- Participate in lodge, section, and national programs.
- Jack Y. Chapter Chief
- Jack L. Vice Chief of Ceremonies
- Patrick R. Vice Chief of Fellowship
- Parker H. Vice Chief of Administration
- Blake B. Vice Chief of Communications
- Mr. Ben Putnam Chapter Advisor
- Mr. Don Russell Chapter Associate Advisor
- Mr. Chris Arnold Chapter Associate Advisor
- Mr. Joey Scheuermann Chapter Associate Advisor
Active membership, or a member in good standing, is defined as an Arrowman who attends lodge, chapter, and/or unit events regularly, completes assigned tasks as requested, and abides by the Scout Oath, the Scout Law, and Order of the Arrow Obligation. Active membership requires registration dues paid in both the Boy Scouts of America and the Order of the Arrow Coosa Lodge.
Where Do We Meet?
Nunne Hi Chapter invites you to join us at Oakmont Presbyterian Church, 1817 Patton Chapel Rd., in Hoover, the last Thursday of each month, 6:30pm to 8:00pm.