Congratulations on your election to the Order of the Arrow! Your selection by the Scouts in your troop is an honor, and we look forward to your participation in our Lodge.
To become a member of the Coosa Lodge of the Order of the Arrow, you must complete the induction process called the Ordeal. Your Unit Leader should have all of the information you need. Below is a list of instructions to make your Ordeal a success. If you have any questions, please email the Vice-Chief of Inductions.
- Register for the Ordeal you wish to attend by completing and mailing the Ordeal Candidate Registration Form to the address listed on the registration form, which can be found in the Forms and Publications area of this site. or REGISTER ONLINE HERE
- The Ordeal begins promptly at 8 PM Friday evening. Registration is open from 6 PM till 10 PM. (IF YOU HAVE A BAND/FOOTBALL CONFLICT WE CAN WORK AROUND THAT. PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com)
- Pizza and snacks will be available before the Ordeal begins on Friday.
- You will need a photocopy of your current physical form at registration, so please have it ready when you arrive. For candidates over 40 years of age, a Class 3 BSA Physical is required. For all other participants, a Class 1 or Class 2 BSA Physical is adequate. Beginning in 2010, the new BSA Universal Physical Form will be used. Please bring a photocopy so that you will not need to have it returned to you after the Ordeal.
- You should bring only the following items:
- Work clothes and gloves (long pants, long shirt, etc.)
- Class A Scout Uniform
- Groundcloth and Sleeping Bag
- Water Bottle
- Poncho or rain cover
- Scout pocketknife
- A small backpack to carry your supplies during the Ordeal.
You will not need anything else, unless it is of medical necessity. Also, be prepared for cold weather, extended rainfall, extreme heat, or other types of challenging weather conditions. Do your best to Be Prepared for anything!
- Adult candidates are requested to bring hand tools, shovels, rakes, chain saws, etc. if they have them. Please make sure your tools are labeled with your name/address/phone before arrival.
- If you have a special skill (plumber, electrician, etc.), please bring your work tools and notify us at registration Friday.
- The Ordeal does not conclude until 10 AM Sunday, so you may be picked up after 10 AM. Your Lodge flap, registration card, handbook, and information packet will be given to you after the new member orientation session Sunday morning.
- The Coosa Lodge Trading Post, complete with Lodge memorabilia, shirts, caps, jackets, etc., will be open immediately after the new member orientation session Sunday morning, so you may purchase items before departing.
We look forward to seeing you at your Ordeal!